Root Canal Therapy and Endodontics in Canton, Ohio
Root canal therapy (also called endodontics) is treatment to repair and save a tooth that has been infected due to deep decay or a crack within the tooth. The treatment involves removing the tissue within the tooth and root, cleaning the infected area, and finishing it with a crown to restore strength to the tooth -- typically all done at one appointment at our office.
What are the signs that a root canal is needed?
- Severe tooth pain while chewing
- Your tooth pain wakes you up at night
- Teeth that are highly sensitive to hot or cold
- Discoloration or darkening of the tooth
- Swollen gums in the area of the infected tooth
Root canal therapy has a high rate of success and many teeth undergoing the procedure can be saved to last a lifetime.