At Danner Dental, we believe everyone deserves to have a smile they can be proud of. If you're experiencing the pain and embarrassment of tooth loss, Dr. Danner recommends using dental implants, made onsite at our Canton, OH cosmetic dentist office, to help you achieve a natural-looking, comfortable smile.
Are Dental Implants Right For Your Smile?
Are you missing one or more of your teeth? Tooth loss is painful and can be embarrassing, negatively effecting your daily life.
Tooth loss can be caused by oral trauma due to an accident or altercation, illness, stress, age, decay, and more. No matter the cause of your tooth loss, our goal is to help you rebuild a natural, healthy smile.
If you’ve lost a tooth (or teeth), dental implants are a permanent tooth loss solution that can help repair your oral health and rejuvenate your smile.
Dental implants are often the best solution for tooth loss because they:
- Look Natural - You don’t want a replacement tooth that looks fake - this could draw even more negative attention to your smile than a lost tooth. Dental implants match the rest of your teeth for a natural looking smile.
- Don’t Hurt - A replacement for your lost tooth (or teeth) needs to feel comfortable in your mouth and to allow you to enjoy your favorite foods without irritating your gums or adjacent teeth. Once healed, dental implants are a pain-free, permanent solution!
- Are Easy To Take Care Of - Dental implants are permanent - no slipping dentures or removable bridges! You can take care of your dental implants the same way you do your natural teeth: simple brushing and flossing.
- Keep Your Mouth Healthy - Bulky dental appliances like traditional dentures can cause bone loss and irritation to your gums and can increase your risk of periodontal disease and tooth decay. Dental implants fit in seamlessly with your natural smile, protecting your jaw bone and gums.
- Can Last A Lifetime - Your dental implants are created to last the rest of your life! No other tooth replacement solution can make that claim.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Dental implants are titanium posts implanted in your jaw that act as artificial “tooth roots”, permanently anchoring your new tooth, bridge or denture. Each implant is topped with a dental crown, providing a chewing surface and restoring the appearance of the missing tooth. Modern tooth restoration has never been better!
At Danner Dental, we use advanced CEREC same-day dental crowns. That means Dr. Danner can fabricate your dental crown in just one convenient visit to our Canton dental office!
What Can I Expect If I Decide To Get Dental Implants?
Dr. Danner typically extracts your damaged tooth (or teeth) and places the implant(s) immediately afterward, during the same appointment. These procedures are done under local anesthesia, or in conjunction with conscious oral sedation.
Enjoy the comfort and convenience of having your implant procedure completed by a dentist you already know and trust, who has a long track record of successful results in dental implants.
What Type Of Dental Implant Do I Need?
Dr. Danner will recommend the type of dental implant that will best solve the pain of tooth loss for you. A consultation with Dr. Danner is the best way to help us decide which type of dental implant will work best for your smile.
Single Dental Implant
If you’ve lost a single tooth due to decay or trauma, a single dental implant can help you smile with confidence again. Your natural tooth can be replaced with a single titanium dental implant and natural-looking dental crown. A dental implant will replace your natural tooth’s root and surface, allowing you to smile, speak and enjoy your favorite foods just like you could with your natural tooth!
Implant Retained Dentures
Implant retained dentures can significantly restore the quality of life for many patients. Loss of a tooth can cause problems with basic, day-to-day activities like chewing or even speaking. Our Canton dental patients can find relief from discomfort and inconvenience with durable implant retained dentures. Using mini dental implants, Dr. Danner can install your prosthesis in just one appointment, with minimal surgery.
All-on-4® Dental Implants
With All-on-4 dental implants, your dental implants are stabilized together with a prosthesis that allows you to use your teeth immediately. If you are a good candidate for All-on-4 dental implants, you can expect to have your restored teeth in just one day! Everyone’s case is unique, but the vast majority of the work done by Dr. Danner and our restorative dentistry team will be done before the day of your implant surgery.
Hybrid Implant Dentures
Hybrid implant dentures are an innovative solution for patients who need to replace full rows of teeth. This restorative dental procedure consists of dentures that are permanently fixed to dental implants.
Regular dentures can slip and move, but with implant dentures, prosthetic teeth are anchored to a set of four dental implants. Hybrid implant dentures can be the ideal solution if you currently have dentures but are tired of dentures causing irritation to your gums and sliding around your mouth.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
The simple answer to how much dental implants cost is this: it depends. Just like with any surgery, there are numerous factors that can influence the cost of dental implants. We can provide you an accurate estimate after a consultation with Dr. Danner.
Considerations can include:
- The quality, amount, and location of bone. If you require bone grafting, the total costs associated with your implants will be higher.
- The number of teeth that need to be replaced and the type of dental implant that will be used.
- Dental insurance. Some insurances cover only parts of implant treatment, or have a waiting period for eligibility.
If you’re concerned about the cost of dental implants, call our Canton dental practice to schedule your consultation with Dr. Danner today.
A consultation allows us to spend time with you so we can truly understand your oral health goals and financial considerations, while presenting you with the best possible information about dental implants. Whether you’re on a budget, have a fixed income, or need flexible financing options, we have a variety of financing plans available to you.
Dental Implant Restoration
Problems with dental implants are rare, but they can happen. If you notice your dental implant has loosened, is causing your gum to swell, or the crown on top of your implant is cracked, call Dr. Danner right away! A dental implant can’t fix itself and if you try to treat it at home, you could end up causing more damage to your mouth.
Schedule Your Dental Implant Consultation With Danner Dental Today!
If you have questions about dental implants, tooth pain, or Danner Dental's other tooth replacement options, call our Canton dentist office today.
If you’re considering full or partial dentures, the dental team at our Canton, OH dentist office can answer any questions you have.