Dr. Danner understands that patients can often have a fear of visiting the dentist, which is why we offer safe, effective oral sedation dentistry to help you relax during your visit to our Canton, OH dentist office.
If the thought of visiting the dentist has you feeling anxious, Danner Dental is ready to help make your visit to the dentist a calm and relaxing one.
Is Conscious Oral Sedation Dentistry The Best Choice For You?
Oral sedation dentistry is also often called "relaxation dentistry", "anxiety-free dentistry", or "sleep dentistry".
Oral sedation dentistry can be ideal for:
- Easing anxiety you may feel before or during a dental appointment
- Allowing Dr. Danner to complete complex or extensive procedures in a single visit
- Patients with special needs who need help feeling calm during their dentist appointment
The Advantages Of Conscious Oral Sedation Dentistry
If dental appointments make you anxious, Dr. Danner can prescribe oral sedation to help you feel more at ease during your visit. Oral sedation is safe and comfortable for most patients.
Some of the advantages of conscious oral sedation dentistry:
- It's easy to take. Dr. Danner will prescribe a pill to help you stay calm. All you have to do is swallow it an hour or so before your appointment and you'll feel relaxed and calm by the time you arrive at our Canton dentist office for your appointment. You cannot drive yourself to your appointment after taking an oral sedative. Please be sure to arrange transportation to and from our office!
- There are no needles. Many people are afraid of needles, which are used for IV sedation. Oral sedation is needle-free so you don't have to worry about trying to manage your fear of needles at the dentist.
- It's safe. Every oral sedative Dr. Danner prescribes is regulated by the FDA and is safe for adults to use. Our staff will review your medical history with you before prescribing oral sedation to ensure you don't experience negative side effects.
- You won't be unconscious. You'll feel drowsy after taking oral sedation, but you'll still be awake and responsive during your dental appointment. You don't have to worry about not being able to respond to Dr. Danner's instructions during your appointment.
Your Health Is In Good Hands With Dr. Danner
At Danner Dental, your health and well-being is our #1 priority. While that begins with a healthy smile, it also includes offering safe dentistry to our patients who might be feeling anxious about visiting the dentist.
Dr. Danner dedicates hours to continued training, including the most advanced techniques and requirements to help patients enjoy a comfortable dental visit. At our Canton dental office, all safety guidelines are diligently followed so you know you and your family are in good hands.
How Can We Help?
We want every visit to Danner Dental to be a positive one. If you are afraid to visit the dentist or have had a negative dental experience in the past, please tell our dental staff so we can discuss the possibility of oral sedation dentistry with you. We will take your blood pressure and get a complete medical history prior to your appointment so we can make sure oral sedation is a safe option for you.
Have Questions About Oral Sedation Dentistry?
Many of our patients come to us because they have struggled to find effective treatment and an alternative to a cpap machine for their sleep apnea symptoms.